Monday, July 4, 2011

Baby, you're a firecracker.



You light up the sky like a fire in my eyes, you bring me up bring me out turn me on bright.

This weekend has been amazing.

To start, friday was just a great day. Full of tea and one of my favorite people :) Saturday was Warped, which is a mass concert with over 100 bands put on by Vans that tours around every summer. I went with three of my best friends, and it was pretty amazing. The sound in the amphitheatre wasn't honestly that good, but i could tell that underneath the bad sound the bands were really good. If that makes sense. But anyways, we saw Relient K, Go Radio, Every Avenue, Hellogoodbye, The Wonder Years, Black Veil Brides, and a few others. It was pretty cool. And there was also lots of free cds and stuff, which made it even cooler. I felt right at home with the scene kids and the hipsters :)

The next day, yesterday, was the 3rd of july. Which, yes, to most others would be like, okay, so the day before the 4th? But. Here in my small hippie town, we do things differently. Meaning all the fireworks and big town partying? Happens on the 3rd. Which is cool because then today, the 4th, we got to do our own fireworks, and firecrackers. But anyway, i forgot how much i love fireworks. They are one of my most favorite things in the world; i loved just laying in the grass and watching the bright colors and sparks mesh with the stars.

xx
{emma}

No comments:

Post a Comment