Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spin you round through the roar of this crowd, tonight.


Do you think i'm a gullible? Or even a gulli-calf?
I have recently realized that my family has a humor that would be completely foreign to any other person.

I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now. I can assure you it's a good feeling, so good. But there's just so much of it. I love it.

I got back from Seattle/Portland yesterday; essentially, I'm in love with Portland. I think I'm going to college there; at least; i have a hunch. There was the most amazing stores, like this one called Cargo that was the coolest store I've ever been to. Like an oriental fairytale. Filled with bunches of imports of bright rustic furniture and jewelry and posters and prayer flags and masquerade masks and little blue bottles and old newspapers and baskets and gorgeous embroidered bags and blankets and huge tapestries and tons and tons of cards and beads, all from Asia. I could have spent hours and hours in there.
There was also Powell's Books, which i did spend hours and hours in. It was brilliant. Supposedly it is the hugest bookstore in North America, or something like that. I could get lost in there, gladly. It was like a palace for books; I spent an hour in the first shelf.
Along with those there was the Doc Marten's store, a little coffee shoppe, an Irish pub, lots of food carts, and other little miscellaneous markets and cafes. I could spend weeks there alone just exploring. Someday.
Seattle was also beautiful. We stayed with some close friends, nearly family, really. They have a four year old daughter who is just about the most amazing child I've ever met, in so many ways. For one, she's got some crazy ukulele talent, and she is so intelligent. And she's also simply adorable. I can't wait to see who she will be when she grows up. Anyway, in Seattle we went to this music museum which had a set based on the history of rock, which was pretty amazing. There were hundreds of guitars; i saw the stratocaster that Jimi Hendrix played at Woodstock, and Kurt Cobain's guitar. My brother was in guitar heaven, snapping tons of pictures as we went. We stopped at this music shop also, which i had been to before. Quite possibly the greatest music store i've been inside. I played a telecaster, {my dream guitar}, and i also discovered that i really like steel guitars. They have a certain twang that's sort of mysterious and blatant simultaneously. So anyways, the trip was wonderful, despite the intense 30+ hours of driving. Even then.

The day before the trip me and two of my best friends ever went to The Maine concert, which was absolutely incredible; we were literally about ten feet away, so close. It was a blast. And they were really good live, which makes them that much better. When we got home at midnight we sat in my kitchen eating ice cream out of the tub and talking. I adore my friends more than anything.
And the other thing that is contributing to my intensely perpetual wonderful mood, is that i found someone. Or, i guess; we found eachother.

spin you round through the roar of this crowd tonight, tonight
dance you round throught the bones of this town until daylight comes
hope, hope will put the colors in the sky
hope, hope will set this world of wrong to right, to right
love comes tumbling down

Anyway.
Bring it on, summer. I'm ready for you.
xx
{emma}

No comments:

Post a Comment