Monday, March 19, 2012

I could fight a war like a veteran, give you a little more like a gentleman.


The past two days have just been really wonderful.

Yesterday was a concert that made us all deaf, bandana shopping, roaming a used clothing store, making fun of things as we went along, walking through child made tunnels at the park, a spontaneous trip to the coast, wind that stung and sand that pasted itself to my skin and my lips. Then food and sitting on the floor in a dark warm house, soaking in the stars and the mad man piano playing and the globe destinations and the dishwashing and broken glass, laughing until my cheeks were numb. By the end we were all so tired. But it was so worth it.

Then today, up before the sun, a quick breakfast of toast and then off to the DMV, where I finally got my liscense {Yes!}. Then lunch in a cafe with two lovely boys who make me smile, and then a walk through the forest on a path unknown to most of the world. I felt like we were in the middle of nowhere, when really, civilization was only a few miles away. But it was so peaceful, sitting next to the waterfall and looking up at the sunlight shafting in through the trees. Finally, home, where my brother and I ate too many chocolate mints, talked about Zombieland and did his math homework.
Then tomorrow, I have a fabulous all-nighter with two of my closest friends, where no doubt, sugar highs will be maintained and delirium will set in during the early hours of the morning. I do love this absurd tradition we have created.

This break has not let me down so far, to say the least. And I love being a teenager.
Until later, loves, and thank you for wasting time in order to get to the bottom of this rambling post full of nothing, it means worlds to me.

xx
{emma}

1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting your liscense! Being a teenager is the best (I've been 20 for 3 months, so I'm allowed to say that). All nighters may only be completed with copious amounts of caffeine, that's definitely something I've learnt the hard way!

    ReplyDelete