Sunday, December 11, 2011

If the drugs don't work you probably need more.








The past few days have been rather strange, Friday especially. Full of cold and laughing and starry eyes and running away and darkness and wispy fog and icy fingertips and smoke. A big group of us went to the talent show at our highschool, which was interesting; there were a few people who were quite good and then some not so good. One of my best friends twisted her foot on a staircase, once we got home we iced it and ate macaroni and cheese and ice cream; one of my favorite parts of the night if I am honest.

Yesterday we got our christmas tree, which makes me so happy and warm inside. My mom and my little brother and I spent most of the day listening to strange music and stringing lights and ornaments and candy canes on the tree and about the house. Our stockings even got hung up. Then last night was spent running around town, eating warm food and hiding out in the car with the heater blasting hot, musty air at our cheeks.

I love this time of year so very, very much, so nostalsgic and melancholy and just a little hearbreaking, but painfully beautiful at the same moments. I have been listening to Bon Iver constantly; it seems it is the perfect soundtrack to my life at the moment. And outside; it always makes me want to write music, just staring out the windows at the skies.

Until later loves.


xx

{emma}

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad my pain can bring you joy hehe ;) i love you emma! we need to have another fun night!

    ReplyDelete