Thursday, September 26, 2013

Setting fire to our insides for fun.



Hello again.

It's officially fall now; the leaves are turning that deepest vermilion and rich crimson that I so adore, and there is a wind, a chill in the air that hints of winter. The clouds are beautiful this time of year, stretching so big and vast and blanketing so much of the world in softness. It makes me smile, cuddling up in a cozy sweater and thick socks with a cup of tea and a book while the air outside turns crisper. I have been spending more time outside lately, walking. It feels good to be outside in nature and just breathe, really breathe, and take it all deep into my lungs.
I have gotten used to this mess we are in; I have gotten used to missing him. There is not a moment of my life that I do not wish that he was with me, not a second where I am not thinking of him. But I have gotten used to wishing he was back in my arms, and it doesn't hurt as much as it did before. Hearing his voice everyday helps though, definitely. I was looking through old pictures of us recently and it just made me ache. He is flying down for my birthday in a few weeks, and I am counting down the days. My heart beats faster just imagining what it will be like to run to him. It has become a constant daydream of mine.
School has actually been rather enjoyable; I love walking around the campus, especially in this fall weather with all the trees splashing bright and golden. And getting up before the sun rises has not been as terrible as I anticipated; I almost kind of enjoy getting ready with the stars.
I'll try to write more often, and I'll try not to be so melancholy. I have missed this.

Happy autumn,
xx
{emma}

No comments:

Post a Comment